2017 Annual Conference
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of the conference registration fee?
- The conference registration fee is $375. Retiree registration fee is $ 175.00. All Registrants will be able to purchase additional tickets for optional events.
- What are the dates of the conference?
- The conference dates are June 5th-8th. A Michigan State University course will be offered on the morning of June 5th. First time attendees and an informational session on the Michigan State University's Judicial Administration program will also be held on June 5th in the late afternoon. A President’s Reception will be held on the evening of June 5th to welcome all attendees. The opening ceremony will begin early on Tuesday, June 6th, immediately followed by a keynote speaker and breakout sessions.
- Where will the conference be held?
- The conference will be in San Diego, California. The area is called La Jolla.
- When can members register for the conference?
- An email announcement will be sent out to all paid members that conference registration is open. We plan on sending this announcement out in late March, 2017.
- What meals are provided in the registration fee?
- Breakfast will be provided on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There will be a closing banquet on Thursday evening with dinner served. Please note for attendees that have their conference registration fee paid for by their court, the breakfast cost is $ 15.00 and the dinner on Thursday is $ 28.00.
- Can I book my hotel room now?
- No. You must be registered for the conference before you can book your hotel room under the FCCA room block. Anyone that books a room in the hotel block and is not registered for the conference will have their hotel room canceled. Please note that only conference registrants and retiree registrants will be permitted to make hotel reservations under the FCCA room block. If you are not registered for the conference and make a hotel reservation under the FCCA room block, your room will be cancelled. Once you register for the conference, you will be sent hotel links. Please do not share the links with non-confirmed attendees.
- Will you have overflow hotels?
- Yes, the FCCA has contracted for the main hotel and two overflow hotels. The overflow hotels are approximately a half mile of the main hotel. Conference registrants may book hotel rooms at any of the featured hotels.
- What will be the rate at the hotel?
- The FCCA negotiated a conference rate at each hotel to match the per diem. The rate per night is $162 a night plus taxes.
- Can attendees book hotel rooms before and after the conference?
- Yes, a limited number of rooms are reserved at each hotel for attendees that would like to arrive before the conference or stay after the conference at the conference rate.
- What are the names of the hotels that the conference will be located?
- When the announcement that registration is open, the names of the hotels will be included. The blocks of rooms are not open for individuals to book their rooms until registration opens.
- What is the closest airport?
- The closest airport is San Diego International Airport. The airport code is SAN. The airport is about 15 miles from the hotels.
- What is the best way to get to the hotels from the airport?
- Uber and Lyft are popular in San Diego and are the most economical ways to travel. Uber and Lyft are also available to and from San Diego International Airport. If you are planning on using these ride share services, you should download their apps before arriving in San Diego. There are also shuttle services that can be booked in advance. You can also take a cab to the hotel.
- My court wants to issue a purchase order for the registration fee. Is that allowed?
- Yes, the FCCA will accept a purchase order for the registration fee. Questions on purchase orders can be directed to: email@example.com The purchase order should be made out to:
Federal Court Clerks Association
Attn: John Hermann, FCCA Treasurer
350 W. 1st Street, Suite 4311
Los Angeles, CA 90012-4565
- Will the conference have a cap on the number of individuals able to register?
- Yes, the main ballroom has a capacity of 400 and we will cap registration at that number. We will keep a waitlist if needed.
- What if I register for the conference and cannot attend?
- When organizing our conference, we have entered into signed contracts with the hotels and other vendors. Under these contracts, we must make monetary commitments to them. We will allow for a full refund of registration fee until April 15, 2017. If the registration is canceled after April 15, 2017, but before May 15, 2017, the FCCA will refund 50% of the registration fee. Any cancelations after May 15, 2017, registration fees will not be refunded. Please note that if you cancel your registration, you cannot substitute someone else from your office in your place. Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis and that would be unfair to other members to add someone else.