2018 Annual Conference
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of the conference registration fee?
- The conference registration fee is $385. The retiree registration fee is $200.00. All registrants and their guests will be able to purchase tickets for optional events.
- What are the dates of the conference?
- The conference dates are July 30 – August 2, 2018. Michigan State University will be offering a course on Monday, July 30th. In addition, first time attendees are encouraged to attend a First Time Attendees Orientation the afternoon of July 30th. Monday evening, there is a President’s Reception to welcome all attendees. The opening ceremony will be held Tuesday morning, July 31st and the conference will conclude with a closing banquet on the evening of Thursday, August 2nd.
- Where will the conference be held?
- The conference will be in the Center City District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- When can members register for the conference?
- An email announcement will be sent out to all paid members that conference registration is open. We hope to send this announcement out no later than Wednesday, April 25th.
- What meals are provided in the registration fee?
- Breakfast will be provided on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Dinner on the night of the closing banquet is also included in the registration fee.
Please note: for attendees who are receiving per diem, the cost of the breakfast is $ 15.00 a day and the cost of the dinner on Thursday evening is $ 28.00.
- Can I book my hotel room now?
- No. You will be required to first register for the conference. Once registered, an email confirmation will be sent to you which will include the hotel booking link. Please note that only conference registrants and retiree registrants will be permitted to make hotel reservations under the FCCA room block. If you are not registered for the conference and make a hotel reservation under the FCCA room block, your room will be cancelled. Please do not share the links with non-confirmed attendees.
- Will you have overflow hotels?
- No. The FCCA has contracted a room block at the conference hotel only. We strongly encourage all attendees to book their rooms at the conference hotel upon receipt of the confirmation email.
- What will the lodging rate be at the conference hotel?
- The FCCA has negotiated a conference rate at the conference hotel of $152 per night, plus taxes.
- Can attendees book hotel rooms before and after the conference?
- Yes, a limited number of rooms are reserved at the conference rate for attendees who would like to arrive prior to the official start of the conference or stay after the conference concludes.
- What is the name of the hotel where the conference will be located?
- The hotel will be announced in your conference registration confirmation email. The room block is not open to book rooms until registration opens.
- What is the closest airport?
- The closest airport is Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). The airport is approximately 12 miles from the hotel.
- What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport?
- Uber and Lyft are popular in Philadelphia and are the most economical means of transportation to get around town. Uber and Lyft are also available to and from Philadelphia International Airport. If you are planning to use ride share services, it is best to download the apps before arriving in Philadelphia. There are also shuttle services that can be booked in advance, or you can always catch a taxi.
- My court wants to issue a purchase order for the registration fee. Is that allowed?
- Yes, the FCCA will accept a purchase order for the registration fee. Questions on purchase orders can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The purchase order should be made out to:
Federal Court Clerks Association
Attn: John Hermann, FCCA Treasurer
Edward R. Roybal Federal Building & Courthouse
255 East Temple Street, Suite 1050
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3332
- Will the conference have a cap on the number of individuals able to register?
- Yes, initial registration will be capped at 375 attendees. We will keep a waitlist if needed.
- What if I register for the conference and cannot attend?
- When organizing our conference, we have entered into contracts with the hotel and other vendors. Under these contracts, we must make monetary commitments. We will allow for a full refund of the registration fee until May 15, 2018. If the registration is canceled on or after May 16, 2018, the FCCA will refund 50% of the registration fee. Any cancellations on or after June 15, 2018, registration fees will not be refunded. Please note that if you cancel your registration, you cannot substitute another court employee in your place. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and if the conference is sold out, a waitlist will be instituted. Any open spot will be offered to the members on that list in the order in which their registration was received.
- What can I expect on the Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise?
- Bus transportation will be provided to and from the hotel to the Spirit of Philadelphia. The dinner cruise will depart from Penn’s Landing and the excursion will cover a portion of the Delaware River. This event will take place a rain or shine. The cruise company’s dress code requires that men wear slacks and a polo or button down shirt. For women, nice pants or a dress is recommended. Designer jeans are also acceptable. Casual jeans, shorts, and sneakers are strongly discouraged. If you have any additional questions about the cruise, please click here.